Design. Progress. Together.
CureVac AG is a biopharmaceutical company researching, developing and producing novel drugs based on the natural molecule Messenger RNA (mRNA). Our focus is on innovative cancer immunotherapies, prophylactic vaccines and molecular therapies. Currently, about 400 RNA people are striving to achieve our main goal: To bring the first mRNA-based drug worldwide to the market.
To strengthen our Team in Tübingen near Stuttgart and (Co-)develop and implement the local external and internal communications strategy and activity plan of CureVac we are looking to recruit a
Director of Communications (f/m/d)
- Develop, track and maintain detailed communication project plans and content calendars/timelines to ensure successful delivery of communication
- Coordinate Public Relations activities with Investor Relations and external firms (press releases, events, interviews, etc.), and organize external/internal communications events
- Main point of contact for all European external media inquiries; build and maintain relationships with key European media (reporters, editors, etc.)
- Develop and produce corporate communications materials, including intranet posts, Q&As, speeches, messages for internal communication to employees, etc.
- Collaborate with all levels of the organization, with the responsibility for creating and delivering clear, consistent and effective communications appropriate for targeted stakeholders across multiple channels
- Ensure that organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Develop content and manage creation of all marketing materials consistent with corporate brand
- Manage corporate website, including day-to-day maintenance as well as coordinating with the external agency developing and implementing proactive plans for updates and evolution of website
- Expand CureVac’s social media presence by developing content for social media channels, maintaining a high standard for content quality. Build meaningful relationships with followers and other online community members such as patient associations
- Track and review media related to the company and report regularly to senior management
- Manage external service providers such as PR agencies, graphic designers, website programmers, photographers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s degree preferred in Journalism, Public Relations or Communications
- 10+ years of work experience in communications in a global/international organization; preferably in the pharma, biotech or life sciences sector
- Excellent written, verbal and digital communication skills, including copywriting across mediums
- High level of engagement, flexibility, creativity and ability to work independently
- Hands-on character and entrepreneurial thinking
- High proficiency in German and English
- Excellent presentation skills in small and large group settings
- Close attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Proven team player with confidence to take the lead and guide others
- Documented contacts with German/European specialized (biotech/healthcare) media
We offer you a challenging and varied opportunity with an innovative and dynamic company that is expanding.
With much passion and sense of responsibility, we work together on the medical revolution. We pride ourselves on maintaining an honest and trusting relationship with each other which is characterized by openness to new ideas and continuous progress. Mutual respect, reliability and personal initiative are self-evident for us.
Design your future with us – become part of the RNA people!
We look forward to receiving your application via our CareerPortal.