Design. Progress. Together.
CureVac AG is a biopharmaceutical company researching, developing and producing novel drugs based on the natural molecule Messenger RNA (mRNA). Our focus is on innovative cancer immunotherapies, prophylactic vaccines and molecular therapies. Currently, about 400 RNA people are striving to achieve our main goal: To bring the first mRNA-based drug worldwide to the market.
To strengthen our team in Tübingen near Stuttgart, we are looking to recruit a
Senior Scientist (f/m/d) Product Design & Formulation
Job ID: 3702-1901
The position will involve working as part of an interdisciplinary team with the aim of developing the therapeutic potential of RNA. Within this remit, you will be concentrating in particular on issues regarding the formulation of this new class of active ingredients.
- Planning and supporting projects to develop RNA delivery technology
- Development and characterizing of novel lipid based mRNA formulations
- Theoretical and practical drafting of scientific issues and matters relating to patent law in preclinical cellular and animal-experimental systems
- Preparing presentations and reports and presenting results to appropriate target groups
- Technical staff training
- Doctorate in natural sciences with a sound knowledge of the specialist aspects and methods involved in biochemistry, organic chemistry or pharmaceutics
- Excellent knowledge of lipid based formulation systems
- Professional experience at a number of academic institutions or industrial companies is mandatory
- Deep knowledge of formulating nucleic acids and the transfection of cells is required
- Experience in nanoparticle characterization techniques (DLS, zeta potential, chromatography) and knowledge of structural biology and protein and nucleic acid characterization tools/techniques (gel electrophoresis, etc.) are mandatory
- Experience with generating data in animal models
- Interdisciplinary thinking and a willingness to embrace new subject areas
- Good team player with excellent communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
We offer you a challenging and varied opportunity with an innovative and dynamic company that is expanding.
With much passion and sense of responsibility, we work together on the medical revolution. We pride ourselves on maintaining an honest and trusting relationship with each other which is characterized by openness to new ideas and continuous progress. Mutual respect, reliability and personal initiative are self-evident for us.
Design your future with us – become part of the RNA people!
We look forward to receiving your application via our CareerPortal.