Design. Progress. Together.
CureVac AG is a biopharmaceutical company researching, developing and producing novel drugs based on the natural molecule Messenger RNA (mRNA). Our focus is on innovative cancer immunotherapies and prophylactic vaccines. Currently, about 340 RNA people are striving to achieve our main goal: To bring the first mRNA-based drug worldwide to the market.
To strengthen our team in Tübingen near Stuttgart, we are looking to recruit a
Senior Manager Portfolio & Resource Management (f/m)
Job ID 9101-1803
The Senior Project Portfolio & Resource Manager contributes to the organization’s goals by managing a project portfolio for therapeutic and functional areas. This role partners with senior level executive leaders to optimize capacity and resource allocation, and plan successful delivery of area objectives. The Project Portfolio Manager utilizes best practices to ensure effective and efficient execution of projects, and maintains an operational view on business objectives and how various projects fit with those objectives. The Senior Project Portfolio Manager reports to the Vice President Operations.
- Organize and manage the regular operational strategy review processes with clear deliverables, roles & responsibilities, timelines and outcomes
- Oversee the integrated portfolio resource and budget planning, as well as resource allocation
- Identify gaps, potential bottlenecks or delays in CureVac’s project portfolio and challenges assumptions in areas of risk management and mitigation
- Oversee portfolio risk management including critical path, risk assessment, scenario creation and analysis of CureVac’s project portfolio
- Lead strategy projects and workshops across all Areas
- Assist Governance Committees as well as project teams in their efforts to optimize the portfolio strategy by providing portfolio insight and analytics
- Work closely with the Project Management Office, Finance and Strategy to develop recommendations for Portfolio Committees
- Form strong relationships and work collaboratively with multiple areas across CureVac. Act as advisor to management on program or portfolio matters
- Present complex information, issues and potential solutions to the senior management
- Drive Thought Leadership, a common understanding of the situation, the evaluation of different options and get commitment from senior-leadership for the way forward
- Support transition to new IT-solution for portfolio management
- Prepare monthly project reporting dashboard for the Portfolio Committees
- Enable and support effective communication of the strategy and its delivery into the organization
- Advanced Degree in Science, ideally in the life sciences (MBA or PhD preferred) with 5+ years working experience in bio-/pharmaceutical industry
- Proven track record of implementing portfolio management and resource analysis capabilities
- Ability to analyze complex activities and information to help guide decision-making that meets the overall objectives and long-range plans of projects
- Demonstrated success in working with teams in R&D and commercial functions
- Experience in different functions along the drug development value chain is strongly preferred
- Exceptional analytical and strategical thinking and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in successfully managing cross functional teams with positive influencing abilities and diplomacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sound knowledge of English language
- Flexible and adaptable to demanding and fast-paced work environment.
- Constructive attitude, enjoys working in multifunctional teams in a biotech environment, motivational, supportive and result-driven
- Entrepreneurial and market oriented thinking, dedicated to meet and fulfill the needs of our customers
- Ability to travel (up to 20% of time)
We offer you a challenging and varied opportunity with an innovative and dynamic company that is expanding.
With much passion and sense of responsibility, we work together on the medical revolution. We pride ourselves on maintaining an honest and trusting relationship with each other which is characterized by openness to new ideas and continuous progress. Mutual respect, reliability and personal initiative are self-evident for us.
Design your future with us – become part of the RNA people!
We look forward to receiving your application via our CareerPortal.