Design. Progress. Together.
CureVac AG is a biopharmaceutical company researching, developing and producing novel drugs based on the natural molecule Messenger RNA (mRNA). Our focus is on innovative cancer immunotherapies and prophylactic vaccines. Currently, about 340 RNA people are striving to achieve our main goal: To bring the first mRNA-based drug worldwide to the market.
To strengthen our team in Tübingen near Stuttgart, we are looking to recruit a
Director Project Management Office (PMO) (f/m/d)
Job ID 9101-1802
The Director Project Management Office (PMO) will have the overall responsibility to lead and refine CureVac’s PMO. This includes defining, implementing, maintaining and continuously improving project management standards, processes, metrics and best practices in order to deliver projects according to plan and within budget. The Director PMO ensures that the work of the PMO meets the strategy of the organization, and achieves the goals set for the PMO by executive management. This position will report to the Vice President Operations.
- Lead the PMO strategy and the design & implementation of a common project management methodology, standards and tools to drive and facilitate the successful delivery of projects
- Lead the execution of the PMO governance, the reporting and review framework, in order to provide a holistic view of all organizational project activities
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues is effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated
- Regularly review and evaluate opportunities to improve the project management best practices in order to achieve higher maturity in Project and Portfolio Management
- Best define, design, implement, train and roll-out a new IT-solution for Project and Portfolio Management
- Build and maintain relationships with senior leadership and key PMO stakeholders, and acts as a trusted advisor
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to project managers
- Leads the identification and development of PMO roles, team configuration and recruitment appropriate to deliver the agreed-upon PMO goals and objectives
- PhD or MD with 10+ years working experience in bio-/pharmaceutical industry, at least 8 years in operative roles
- Proven track record of successful project delivery, an ability to improve project management practices and substantial team leadership experience with a focus on team development
- Sound understanding of all phases of pharmaceutical product development
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Proven track record in successfully leading cross functional teams with strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Sound knowledge of English language
- Flexible and adaptable to demanding and fast-paced work environment.
- Constructive attitude, enjoys working in multifunctional teams in a biotech environment, motivational, supportive leadership claim, result-driven
- Entrepreneurial and market oriented thinking, dedicated to meet and fulfill the needs of our customers
- Ability to travel (up to 20% of time)
We offer you a challenging and varied opportunity with an innovative and dynamic company that is expanding.
With much passion and sense of responsibility, we work together on the medical revolution. We pride ourselves on maintaining an honest and trusting relationship with each other which is characterized by openness to new ideas and continuous progress. Mutual respect, reliability and personal initiative are self-evident for us.
Design your future with us – become part of the RNA people!
We look forward to receiving your application via our CareerPortal.